Thursday, March 3, 2011

Why Sheep?

My sheep know My voice and they follow it
- Jesus of Nazareth

I have been craving a creative outlet since I gave birth to our gorgeous little daughter. I have been itching to do something that involved documenting, writing and recording. I really want to be able to have a record of her "firsts" like sucking her thumb, smiling, and crawling. I am currently working on getting that together but I needed something that I could do from anywhere and something a little more for me. Hence this blog.

I have always been a journaler of thoughts until the past couple of years.  Some of my most precious seasons of life have passed without me putting a pen to paper. Thankfully, my first year of marriage was documented electronically via my main blog. I guess it has become the busyness of life or maybe just our culture wining out. Using electronics instead of old fashioned paper. I would rather it be the fast paced lifestyle than the latter.

The title of the blog came from the continual reference in the Bible of being Jesus sheep. I love how Jesus constantly gives us (the visual learners) images to understand our relationship to him. I have always felt a connection to the sheep reference and wanted to use it in my blog somehow. 

I used to think that blogs were really only for prideful people. For people who think everyone wants to know everything about them. I usually tend to think that no one wants to know anything about me, so having two blogs is an odd choice for me.  I don't think that about people and their blogs anymore, in fact I am a bit blog obsessed. I have come to realize that blogging is a great way to document, to tell a story to share your life with others and keep a line of communication open for friends and family that live far away.

I hope that this blog can be a place where I can give my heart and soul and mind a place to breathe. I hope that it can make others think. I hope that it can tell about Jesus to those that do not know him or know him well. I hope it can be a place were growth happens. I hope that by this blog I as well as others can know and see and hear how Jesus is alive as much today as he was 2000 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so maybe you will never see this message but I'm going to send it anyway, just in case. Curious why you stopped? This is the first time I have ever visited your blog and I really like what I have read, so why did you stop? Last blog was March 2011, what happened? To busy with life, baby, family? I hope it was not out of pain or regret. What has the Lord been doing in your life the last 4 1/2 years? I believe the Holy Spirit brought you to this place so long ago for a purpose do you remember what He was telling you at the time? I pray that you may have started up somewhere else on line and not abandon your first work, which is quite lovely. Anyway, thank you for the share. Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so maybe you will never see this message but I'm going to send it anyway, just in case. Curious why you stopped? This is the first time I have ever visited your blog and I really like what I have read, so why did you stop? Last blog was March 2011, what happened? To busy with life, baby, family? I hope it was not out of pain or regret. What has the Lord been doing in your life the last 4 1/2 years? I believe the Holy Spirit brought you to this place so long ago for a purpose do you remember what He was telling you at the time? I pray that you may have started up somewhere else on line and not abandon your first work, which is quite lovely. Anyway, thank you for the share. Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete